www-html administrivia (was Re: [OT] Re: New security tag)

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 04:01:59PM +0200, Jonas J?rgensen wrote:

> Rowland Shaw wrote:
> >Isn't this what you suggested on 16th August 2002?
>
> If you look at the headers, you will see that it was sent on August 13th
> but somehow got stuck between tux.w3.org and ogobogo.w3.org until
> yesterday. Weird.

Sorry about that; messages from non-subscribers are bounced to
the list maintainer (me) for approval, but I neglected to check
my mailbox of pending requests for a while.

I have just changed this list to use a new system we are testing,
where each poster needs to go through an extra step the first
time they post to the list, to grant us permission to archive
their message on our site.

We expect this to reduce the amount of spam distributed to our
lists as well, so I also configured the list to accept mail from
anyone who goes through that extra step. (so no more delays)

Feedback on this new system is welcome, but not on www-html;
please send feedback to me personally, with a Cc: to
www-archive@w3.org if you don't mind. thanks,

--
Gerald Oskoboiny     http://www.w3.org/People/Gerald/
tel:+1-613-261-6630             mailto:gerald@w3.org