tags TC and VR needed

From: <Graham.Tritt@BIT.admin.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:18:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org

I havent been following discussions, but there must be a simple
answer in XHTML for the presentation of wide tables.
Is it so unusual to write text in columns like newspapers?

I would like for tables to have a tag TC so that I can code
my cell data by columns.

Just as I can set TABLE WIDTH=100% to fill a screen horizontally,
I would use TABLE HEIGHT=100% to fill the screen vertically.

Of course, we should also have a VR tag (vertical rule) which draws a
vertical line throught the enclosing area.

A lot of columns require me of course to scroll horizontally,
and the PageRight and PageLeft keys could be useful,
but let's not worry about that ...

graham.tritt@bit.admin.ch
Graham D. Tritt
Competence Center - Internet
Swiss Federal Office of Information Technology, Systems and
Telecommunication FOITT
Monbijoustrasse 74, CH-3003 Bern
Telefon   +41 31 325 98 36
Telefax   +41 31 325 90 30