tags TC and VR needed

From: <Graham.Tritt@BIT.admin.ch>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:18:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org

I havent been following discussions, but there must be a simple
answer in XHTML for the presentation of wide tables.
Is it so unusual to write text in columns like newspapers?

I would like for tables to have a tag TC so that I can code
my cell data by columns.

Just as I can set TABLE WIDTH=100% to fill a screen horizontally,
I would use TABLE HEIGHT=100% to fill the screen vertically.

Of course, we should also have a VR tag (vertical rule) which draws a
vertical line throught the enclosing area.

A lot of columns require me of course to scroll horizontally,
and the PageRight and PageLeft keys could be useful,
but let's not worry about that ...

Graham D. Tritt
Competence Center - Internet
Swiss Federal Office of Information Technology, Systems and
Telecommunication FOITT
Monbijoustrasse 74, CH-3003 Bern
Telefon   +41 31 325 98 36
Telefax   +41 31 325 90 30