Ad: My comments on the XHTML 2 draft. (NOTE)

From: Martin Kopta <martin.kopta@garcon.cz>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 02:58:32 +0200
To: <www-html@w3.org>

---> Hallo,

I take a courage to contribute small notes to XHTML 2..0:

At the draft I miss stronger support for non-english languages.
With the Czech language (or other Slavic, or other flexile and
aglutinative languages) I would like to use Core I18N attribute
"root". The attribute root may represent root form of word
(singular nominative for substantives and singular I-form
present for verbs).

Example:

In English:
  I meet with Virginia Woolf.
In Czech:
  Setkávám se s Virginií Woolfovou.
In Czech (ASCII):
  Setkavam se s Virginii Woolfovou.

The root attribute could be really helpful by searching
in flexive languages, and for reading pages written in
language user does not understand.

...And I do not see why attribute "dir" is no more a part
of I18N attributes.

---> Other things I miss at the draft are elements representing
DATE or TIME (with attribute determining format as the PHP
function Date()) and SUMMARY (abstract, resume, deck, perex,
syllabus, overview...). I think these elements could be useful
for the most websites.

(Sorry for my English.)

  Martin Kopta

--