Re: <meta> tags and their practical use

From: Mark Stanton <mark@gruden.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:28:38 +1000
To: <www-html@w3.org>

> * Trying to do cache control via <meta> is delusional, because proxies
>   don't see the <meta> tags.

Sorry can you clarify this. Are they unable to see the <meta> tags or do
they simply not bother looking?

If its the later I would suggest meta is kept or perhaps this information is
expressed in a different way so that a future generation of proxies could
read it.

My knowledge of proxies is very limited but I think the idea of telling a
proxy how to cache a page is a very good one.

Cheers

Mark