Re: xhtml strict - how to have caption below table and caption text with smaller font size

Ralf Hauser <hauser@acm.org>:

> <caption align="bottom" style="font-weight:bold"><small>Building blocks
> to improve mail privacy</small></caption>
>
> 1) How to do the same in valid xhtml?
> 2) What is the right place to find such answers without bothering a
> mailing list?
> 3) How could I also improve on the "small" tag? I would rather use
> something like style="font-size-adjust: -2;" - is it the browsers why
> this didn't work?
> 4) How would I take all this out of the document inline style and put it
> into a CSS stylesheet?

[1), 4). In your HTML file:]
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="style.css">
</head>

[3), 4). In style.css:]

caption {font-weight: bold; font-size: smaller}
table   {caption-side: bottom}

[2)] You can ask this kind of questions in Usenet groups like
<news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets> or -- as your name sounds
German -- <news:de.comm.infosystems.www.authoring.misc>.

Christoph