Re: OL needs the start attribute

From: Michal Marek <michal83@email.cz>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:22:06 +0200
To: "Philip TAYLOR [PC87S/O-XP]" <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>, www-html@w3.org

> On a related theme, is there any likelihood
> of being able to use decimal/Dewey-style
> numbering in the foreseeable future, as in
>
> 	1
> 	1.1
> 	1.1.1
> 	1.1.2
> 	<etc> ?
>
> Philip Taylor, RHBNC

Theoretically, it can be dome by the generated content module of CSS2, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/generate.html
but I think there is no browser supporting it.
Againg, this is another thing, which probably should be available in the
"content" domain. (It would be at least easier to implement in UAs)

--
Michal Marek

http://cyklopraha.cz/