Re: OL needs the start attribute

From: Joanne Hunter <jrhunter@menagerie.tf>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:56:19 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

The following text was discovered Saturday 12 October 2002 in a note
attributed to one ""Jelks Cabaniss" <jelks@jelks.nu>":

> The 'start' attribute on 'ol' needs to be reinstated for XHTML 2.
>
> I know some consider basic numbering in ordered lists to fall within the
> "style" domain.  At one point I felt the same way, but I now think that
> is severely misguided.  A recent trip to Google Groups confirms this:
> witness the number of folks who consciously choose one of the
> Transitional DTD's -- or none at all -- over CSS hackery.

Another point: CSS numbering has been taken out of CSS 2.1, so this is
probably even more important.

--
Joanne Hunter <http://menagerie.tf/~jrhunter/>  Say No to HTML Mail!/"\
 Of course, I don't know how interesting any of this really is,     \ /