RE: HTML has, probably, confusing date format

From: Mark Stanton <mark@gruden.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:20:29 +1100
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: <cyril2@mail.ru>

Dear Cyril

Some here may not but I find your posts amusing, but I do (I hope they
are meant to be).

>But it isn't a traditional, human date and it isn't the new,
>next standard, date (YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssTZD). I can't remember
>how many those thoroughly researched standards for dates
>existed in my life. Where they are now?

It is in SQL. Although its not identical the ANSI/ISO SQL-92 datetime type
is in the format 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS'. I believe this predates SQL-92 but
I'm only young so I couldn't swear by it. Anyway all relational databases
that I have encountered agree on this format and it makes a heap of sense to
me.

Cheers

Mark