Re: Element for Numbers

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:44:18 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org

> Definitely not the only ones. Visual UAs should make the information
> available somehow and may apply a default style to text marked up with nr
> (or whatever it's called).

There's a general principal for HTML and styles that presentation
behaviour in HTML should be fully specifiable in style sheets.  This
means that this proposal requires CSS enhancements.  I'd also argue
that proper separation of content and form would require that the
canonical form not be an attribute, but be the actual content and
specific presentations should be done with style sheets.