Re: cdata, javascript and xhtml1.1

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:27:04 -0500
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
cc: www-html@w3.org

> Could someone expand on why CDATA is essential?
>
> our page* validates fine without it, yet when I include it the page no
> longer appears to load :-( ie5.2 mac mozilla20021115 mac ie6 pc

I'm not sure what you're doing when you add it, hence it's hard to asnwer that
question.   But as written, your page has no script, when considered as XHTML.
That means that were you to serve the page with an XHTML MIME type (text/xml or
application/xhtml+xml) the script would not run.

Boris
--
In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence
with words in the proper order then why can't he?