Re: Element for Numbers

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:03:48 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org

>   Either a signed decimal number with optional signed two digit exponent
>   and mantissa separated by a dot (e.g. -1.2345E+03), ISO [ISO 8601] or
>   a comma separated list of numbers.

Some non-transcendental number can be represented exactly in finite
strings but not in this format.

I'm also concerned that this would be an excuse for presentational
hacks in the element contents, when a semantic language requires that
the content be meaningful in its own right.

> Dimension
>
>   A case dependent string describing a dimension according to table 1:

Much too complex for HTML, and inevitably going to become out of date.