Re: Subheadings desired in XHTML 2.0

* fantasai (fantasai@escape.com) wrote:

> John Lewis wrote:
> > Hello fantasai, Wednesday, November 13, 2002, 11:20:19 PM, you
> > wrote:
> > >  The Lord of the RingsThe Two Towers
> >
> > Shouldn't the default rendering of line make it look like this?
> >
> >  The Lord of the Rings
> >  The Two Towers
>
> Yes, but that's just the *presentation*. It doesn't change the
> fact that RingsThe is considered one word. (There's no whitespace
> separation.)

Then:

   <line>    puts bla</line>

Would be:

 if foo puts blaend

I don't know about you, but the XHTML 2 draft did not give me this
impression, although it only suggested a default rendering for visual
UA's.

It's description of <line> as "represents a sub-paragraph" suggests
it has slightly more semantic meaning than a <span>, which should be
preserved in all default renderings.  Of course, "represents a
sub-paragraph" also suggests to me that <line> may not be the best name
-- maybe there's another tag in <line> struggling to be born :)

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky@aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-