Re: Subheadings desired in XHTML 2.0

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:13:25 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html@w3.org

> No, not necessarily. It depends on how richly you want to mark up
> the text. The richness of markup determines the capacity for

Which is where DOCBOOK comes in; HTML is intended as being minimalist,
and quick to learn, so any addition to its richness should be looked
at critically with a view to suggesting that a more heavyweight
document type might be more appropriate instead.

However, my view is that sub-titles are a strong enough requirement
in common documents, that there probably is a case for them in HTML.