submitting forms from one HTML document to another

From: Jenny Robins <jrobins@uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 23:49:10 -0700
To: www-html@w3.org

I was wondering...

While HTML is primarily a markup protocol, the <FORM> tag allows for data
to be output.  However, data cannot received as input.  I was dreaming
about all the CGI scripting I could avoid if I could simply pass form
elements between HTML documents.  I think this would greatly simplify
website navigation and would make it easier for non-programmers to create
powerful applications.

Are there any plans for a function like this?

Jenny Robins
PhD Candidate
Graduate School of Library & Information Science
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
www.uiuc.edu/~jrobins (719) 633-6731
Dissertation Project: www.stonesoup.info