XHTML 2.0 and <pre> element

From: Devon Y. <vehementpetal@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:24:47 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org

Hi,
  I'm by no means an expert in the subject, but shouldn't the <pre> element
be moved to the presentation module, or perhaps become extinct? The way I
understand it, XHTML 2.0 is to be semantic and structural. In this context,
since <pre> says nothing about it's contents and everything about it's
presentation, it seems it's really a purely presentational element.

Devon

PS. This'll sound silly, but how do I join this list? I couldn't find
    any address for it at the archive page or threads.