Re: Suggestion: change abbr to full word

From: Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:32:47 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

Christoph Päper:

> Although XML is case sensitive, yet everything
> has to be lowercase in XHTML.

There is no rule that everything has to be lowecase in XHTML. It just
"happens" that all names of elements and attributes in XHTML are defined
in all-lowercase form.

> I find it quite logic to have block and inline
> level distinguished by case, but maybe that's just me and it'll stay only in
> my private DTDs.

Most probably new names will be defined in all-lowercase form too, but
there is no rule that states that they have to be.

--
Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net> <http://www.bertilow.com>