Determining Supported Versions Of HTML In A Browser

From: Lee Leahu <lee@ricis.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:27:58 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org

Hello All,

I am writing a new website for a client and I'm making it HTML 3.2 final and 4.01 strict compliant with the w3 standards.
My problem is that the client wants to have the fancies of html 4.01 strict and still allow the older browsers that doesn't support
4.01 strict to still view the site correctly.  Is there a way to determine what versions of html the end user's browser supports?

Thank you,
Lee Leahu