RE: Why bother?

I would like to point out a single aspect among many, one which is also
relevant to this list: Internationalization. ASCII is simple enough for
most developers and even managers to understand, but
internationalization is tough. W3C helped make Unicode the lingua franca
and reference point of character sets.

Jony