Re: [xml-dev] XHTML modularisation causes strange error with MSXML

I have seen this error message before with XHTML 1.1 and MSXML.

The solution for me was to do some mapping in my app so that the app picked
up the type information from local files rather than remote http:// files.
(I appreciate that you may not be able to do this in IE).

You then have to change these lines in xhtml-special.ent:

<!ENTITY lt      "&#38;&#60;" ><!-- less-than sign, U+003C ISOnum -->

<!ENTITY amp     "&#38;&#38;" ><!-- ampersand, U+0026 ISOnum -->

<!ENTITY lt      "&#38;#60;"> <!--  less-than sign, U+003C ISOnum -->

<!ENTITY amp     "&#38;#38;"> <!--  ampersand, U+0026 ISOnum -->

i.e. _without_ the second & in each entity.

You will then find that it works.  At least it did for me!

If any XML expert has any comments to make on which is strictly speaking
correct, or whether there is some ambiguity in the spec or something, I
would be interested to hear about this.

Hope this helps.

nik