Re: An error in XHTML 1.1, or my browser?

From: Nigel Peck <Nigel.Peck@itm-solutions.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:32:49 +0100
To: <kelvsyc@shaw.ca>, <www-html@w3.org>

What is your <!DOCTYPE declaration?

>>> kelvSYC <kelvsyc@shaw.ca> 06/21/02 04:39am >>>

When I tried to validate my XHTML 1.1 test page, I get an error that
says
³invalid character in content model² in IE.

Using ElfData¹s XML Editor, I get this error:

Your XML is a well-formed document, but could not be verified because
there
was a problem with the DTD itself.

Reason: Items can't have whitespace inside.

DTD Rule: <!ELEMENT pre ( #PCDATA | %InlStruct.class; %InlPhras.class;
| tt
| i | b %I18n.class; %Anchor.class; | script | map %Inline.extra; )* >

Is there something I can do to fix this problem, or is it a bug in both
XML
Editor and IE?

ITM Business Solutions
Unit 4
Nine Trees Trading Estate
Morthen Road
Rotherham
S66 9JG

Reception
Tel: 01709 703288
Fax: 01709 701549

Help Desk
Tel:01709 530424
Fax: 01709 702159

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use of
under applicable law.