From: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Kathleen Drury
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 9:47 AM
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: XHTML compliancy

I realize the correct way to display empty elements is either with a
closing tag or with " />".  My problem is with the <br>.  Right now I
have it as <br />, but this seems to blow up in Netscape 6.0.  Is the
document still XHTML compliant if I use <br/> (this is read properly by
the browser)?  I would like to be able to use the "Valid XHTML 1" icon
on our site.

Thanks
Kathleen