Applying border styles to a col or colgroup

From: John Boyes <johnmboyes@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:10:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org

Does anyone know if it is possible to apply border styles to a <colgroup> or <col> tag?

The w3 url below indicates it is, and has an example of a table with various border styles applied.  However when I test the code accompanying the example the browsers I am testing (ie6win, ie5.5 win, and netscape6) do not show the styles applied to the col.  I've created a few of my own tests and haven't had any joy with them either.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html#collapsing-borders

Thanks,

John

Relive the FIFA World Cup goals with exclusive video highlights!

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/fc/en