Re: [xml-dev] XHTML modularisation causes strange error with MSXML

From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 00:16:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>, "MAISONNY Benoit" <Benoit.MAISONNY@eurocontrol.int>, <www-html@w3.org>, <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Dare Obasanjo wrote:

[[
Does this newsgroup post solve your problems

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=DXc2q8GFBHA.259%40cppssbbsa01.micro
soft.com

if not can you update me on what the problems you have afterwards are?

Thanks.
]]

No.

Here is an example of an XML document (one that I might add conforms to a
new international standard for medical guidelines issued by ASTM E31.28.

http://www.openhealth.org/ASTM/UTI-guideline.xml

This chokes my version of IE (5.5) loaded with MSXML 4.

Note that if you removed the comments around the <!DOCTYPE ..> line in

http://www.openhealth.org/ASTM/operative.report.example.xml

the same problem occurs (this document also conforms to an international
standard, BTW)

MSXML seems unable to process DTDs that use lots of parameter entities such
as those of W3C XHTML. I've been mentioning this for years but no one seems
to care. shrug.

Jonathan