Re: CSS inheritance

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:06:18 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

Alexander Shpack wrote:

> Why font-weight property don't apply to table cells?
> Where I can read about inheritance different properties to HTML
> elements, like a table?

Inheritance of most of the font properties breaks on <table> in several
popular browsers. In Mozilla and NS6 you can override this quirk with
  table {
    font: inherit;
  }
You can also set the font style again on the table tag, or, as Lars
pointed out, on table cell tags.

BTW, you're on the wrong mailing list. www-html is for technical
discussion of HTML/XHTML. How-to questions on stylesheets should
be addressed to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

~fantasai