information required for form tag processing

From: <Ramalingam.G@lntinfotech.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:20:50 +0530
To: www-html@w3.org
Hi,

I want information about processing Form tag. As mentioned in the HTML-4.0
specifications, when the Method is specified as POST, then the UserAgents
should specify the "boundary" parameter in the "Content-Type" header. It is
said that this "boundary" value should not be occuring anywhere in the
data.

Is there some standard way of generating this boundary value. Can I use the
UUID generation specification for generating this boundary value. In the
UUID specification, it is said that, the time stamp should be a 60 bit
value represented as a count of 100 nano second interval since October 15,
1582 whereas the functions such as gettime() in UNIX return the time in
seconds since UNIX-epoch time. Is there some mechanism by which I can find
out the time since 15 October 1582 (the date of Gregorian reform to the
Christian calendar).

I would be grateful if anyone would answer my query.

Regards,

Ramalingam.