RE: proposal for HTML4.01 amendment: <BR PAGEBREAK="before">

Hello again, philip, dear list members,

well, there's a difference between a line break and a page break.
A line break is needed to physically tear apart the logical parts of an
address without logically markup specific to the parts of an address, like
the following:
<address>
	Mr. First M. Last<br />
	Somedrive Boulevard 12<br />
	GB-Y723ZP Lonetown<br />
	United Kingdom
</address>

<h1> alread tears apart logical parts of a document, so there is no need for
it.
It's too layout specific.
There are three kinds of markup:
- logical (always okay)
- presentational (needs to be reconsidered)
- layout (not okay, especially if media dependant, task of CSS)

h1 for example is somewhere between logical and presentational. It's not
purely logical because it doesn't say wether it's the heading of a chapter,
a section, a subsection or just this page.

> Speaking of fixing, what is the official proceedure for getting the
> standard amended? Is it that any official w3c "member" can propose a
> change, and then the others vote on it? Or is it limited even more, to
> those on an official "HTML working group" ?
> Speaking of limited, is there anyone else who actually reads and emails
> this mailing list? :->
They read our contributions to the list very carefully, and when they find a
mail that's really interesting for the further development of HTML, they put
it in their voyager issue tracking system.

Greetings

Christian