Re: ? what to do ?

From: Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 07:48:33 -0800
To: <nadjib@baileysolutions.co.uk>, <www-html@w3.org>
> However, since the information entered via this tag cannot be held on
> the server, why would you want to use it?

sure it can.  You can save it in any number of ways using java, perl, c or
whatever
It can be stored in a DB to regenerate the page again later, or to a static
html file, or to XML, or ???

> Can you think of a practical
> case where it is useful to allow the user to edit?

I have made one. I have a MS IE5.5 based WYSIWIG content management tool.
The author-user can navigate a site and edit HTML content inline (in
addition to other things). They can then save  it back to the server as XML.
They can then restyle the XML into another medium or simply another look.
The author-editors I have shown this to are drooling.

best,
-Rob