Re: lowercase XML languages

From: Dave Hodder <dmh@dmh.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:24:50 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org
On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 10:02:09AM -0500, Christian Smith wrote:

<snip/>

> There are good reasons on both side. UPPER case characters do stand out
> better. Of course, this can be used as an arguement both for and
> against using upper case characters. On the other hand, lower case
> characters are easier to differentiate because the delta between
> characters is greater (compare P and R versus p and r, etc).

Heh.  On a similiar note, different XML-based languages seem to adopt
different practise with element names made up of several words.  Some
use <quiteLongElementName/> (e.g. XForms) whilst others go for
<quite-long-element-name/> (e.g. XSLT).  Why, I wonder, is there no
stand practise within the W3C?

Dave