Von: Andrew Clover [mailto:and@doxdesk.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2002 15:00
An: www-html@w3.org
Betreff: Re: Input Type=file default Value

Tanev Robert <RT@railconsult.de> wrote:

> Does anybody know, how to force a file input element to show an initial
> value or does somebody has a workaround for this?

This is a browser issue, not anything to do with the HTML spec. Most
browsers
ignore the value attribute and do not allow it to be set from script at all,
as a security precaution. Opera allows the value to be set from HTML, but
issues a warning when the form is submitted.

There is no workaround, or where there is (eg. setAttribute('type', 'file')
in
Mozilla up to 0.9.3) it's a security bug.

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and@doxdesk.com