Maximum number of fields for an HTML form?

From: Rob Brueckmann <robert_brueckmann@lycos.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:10:12 -0500
To: <www-html@w3.org>
I’ve run into a problem with the number of fields in a form I’m dynamically
producing.  There’s a list of elements, each with a checkbox next to
them…the checkboxes are sot he user can check the elements they would like
to export to a file…if the user selects more than 100 or the list produced
is longer than 100 and they choose to export all of them…the form will not
submit.  Is this a known fact that you cannot have more than 100 elements to
a form?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rlb