Re: Valid <link rel=""> attributes

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 22:33:33 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org, Wolfgang Köhler <wolfgang@bofh.hanau.net>

Jelks Cabaniss wrote:

> "Official" (i.e., HTMLish Rec-specified), no.  But they sure are useful.
> You might find this email informative, posted here on this list last
> year:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2001Oct/0026.html
>
> Note in particular the last three paragraphs.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2001Oct/0026.html :

  | However, I am unaware of any formal profile for
  | defining values such as Parent, Up, First, Last,
  | Search, Author or Made.  ('Search' is, however,
  | mentioned in HTML 3.2; and there is a reference
  | to 'rev=made' in the never-finalised HTML 3.0
  | document.)

A lot of these values were defined in an expired IETF
draft:
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/draft-ietf-html-relrev-00.txt

So, while this doesn't really count as "official support",
those values weren't pulled out of thin air.

http://www.bauser.com/websnob/html4/relationships.html
seems to be a pretty complete reference for Link Types.

~fantasai