Re: a new value for <title> and other meta tags

From: Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 01:48:50 +0300 (EEST)
To: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzo.detomasi@libero.it>
cc: <www-html@w3.org>

On 2002-08-22, Lorenzo De Tomasi uttered to www-html@w3.org:

>> <title xml:lang="en" />
>> <title xml:lang="fr" />
>>
>> Would that be allowed?
>
>Why not? :)

One reason is that one could use content negotiation to deal with
different primary languages in a multilingual context. That's what I'm
doing right now, with my site.

I don't see why a page, having a primary language, would need to
incorporate multiple titles in different languages. Also, I don't see a
situation where pages *without* a language elevable above others would be
needed. Hence, I would tend to advocate a single title for a single page,
and multiple pages for multiple languages, possibly negotiated for via
already standardized protocols.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - mailto:decoy@iki.fi, tel:+358-50-5756111