Re: How about a <notice> element?

From: Jonas Jørgensen <jonasj@jonasj.dk>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:02:58 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

Jonas Jørgensen wrote:
> I propose a <notice> element (or similar) for marking up small notices.

I have given this some more thought, and this is what I propose:

-------------------------

The 'notice' element contains an informational notice, an error message,
or a warning.

Attributes:

'type' -- takes one of three values:
     'notice' (the default): An informational notice.
     'warning': A warning.
     'error': An error message.

Examples:

<notice type="warning">Are you sure you want to delete the file?</notice>

<notice type="error">The file could not be deleted.</notice>

<notice type="notice">The file has been deleted.</notice>

Visual user agents could render <notice type="notice"> with a green
background and <notice type="error"> and <notice type="warning"> with a
red background, and/or they could display an icon next to the notice (on
the Windows platform, an "I" sign, an exclamation mark, and a red circle
with a white X in it is typically used for these types of messages).

What do you think?

/Jonas