XML Events maturity level

From: <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:21:01 -0400
To: <www-html@w3.org>

Sorry for the boring process question but I'm trying to understand the
"maturity level" of XML Events per the W3C's Process Document:

 [1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process-20010719/tr.html#Reports

The 2002-08-12 XML Events document:

 [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-xml-events-20020812/

is labeled as a WD and not a LC WD as the previous publication:

 [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-xml-events-20011026/

Anyhow, [2] says:

[[
The Working Group expects that this document will soon move into Candidate
Recommendation status.
]]

My interpretation of [1] is that a WD's next higher maturity level is a
LC WD but not a CR.  So, what is the meaning of "soon" in the  above quote?
Does it mean after another LC WD or does the WG expect the next publication
of XML Events to be a CR?

Thanks,

Art Barstow
---

P.S. Thanks very much for including a diff in [2]!