Re: What kelvSYC thinks of XHTML 2.0

kelvSYC wrote:
> KelvSYC's point #7. I think that <ol> and <ul> should be put together.  If
> it's up to CSS to generate numbering/bulleting, then having two elements
> that are basically the same is "excess baggage".

I disagree; I think differentiating between ordered and unordered lists
is important. With unordered lists, the order doesn't matter, so user
agents are free to sort them (e.g. alphabetize them). With ordered list,
the original order is significant and must not be changed. <ul> is good
for things like a list of known bugs in a program (in no particular
order), while <ol> is more suitable for a list of steps to reproduce a
certain bug (must be done in that order).

/Jonas

--
"I have switched banks and indicated as reason for closing the account
that their home page is not w3c compliant."