XHTML2.0 href and visible URLs

From: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzo.detomasi@libero.it>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:44:23 +0200
To: <www-html@w3.org>, Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzo.detomasi@libero.it>

I have a proposal.
A lot of times I write an xhtml document in which I put a link and I want
that its URL is visible.

the final result in a browser is
my site <http://www.mysite.com>
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think that a good implementation is that if I write this code
with two CSS commands I can specify that the final result is
my site <http://www.mysite.com>
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
or
my site <http://www.mysite.com>
~~~~~~~
where underlined words are rendered as links

Another interesting implementation is that if I write this code
<a/ href="http://www.mysite.com">
(or something similar)
the final result is
<http://www.mysite.com>
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe also that with a command like
the final result is
my site <http://www.mysite.com>
         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and with url="UnderlineWords" the final result is
my site <http://www.mysite.com>
~~~~~~~

while with url="meta" (default) the final result is
my site
~~~~~~~
linked to <http://www.mysite.com>

These are only draft proposals, some useful for me, some no.
Maybe someone can find them useful, so why not to tell them? :)

Thank you for your time

PS: maybe you'll find these proposals stupid. No problem, tell it freely, I
won't be offended :) I'm a student of visual design and information
architecture and I can tell oddies about everything that concerns
programming languages.

Lorenzo De Tomasi, student of Information Architecture, Interface Design and
Visual Design
via Bellaria 6, 21018 Sesto Calende (Varese), Italia
phone: +39 (0)331 924649
mobile: +39 333 8979304
e-mail: lorenzo.detomasi@libero.it; lorenzo.detomasi@email.it
website: http://biografica.tzone.it