Re: XHTML2.0 and the noscript element.

08.08.02 16:42:47, Chris Mannall <chris.mannall@hecubagames.com> wrote:

>Linking noscript to a specific script is a good idea - I'm in support of
>this one. I'm not sure I like the nesting approach though - how about
>using an id-based mechanism, similar to that used for form
>labels/controls in previous versions of (X)HTML?

Nesting has the advantage of a fall-back. Like with object if there is
anything you can't or don't want to do, you just ignore that element. It
would be extremely easy to make a non-scripting user agent.

Linking, while seemingly giving more freedom, means that a noscript could
blip out of existence depending of the state of scripts that may not even
have run yet. Furthermore any XHTML 1.0 user would choke on the XHTML 2.0
logic.

Jonny Axelsson
Documentation,
Opera software