XFRAMES: Why "source" instead of "src"?

From: Patrick Benny <chipple@chipple.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 09:55:22 +0900
To: www-html@w3.org

Hi!,

Just a quick comment regarding the XFrames Working Draft, which I find
particularly interesting since it addresses many problems that existed in
the old HTML frameset.

I am a bit surprised to find an attribute called "source" for the <frame>
tag in the XFrames Working Draft.
Why this new attribute name while either the previous "src" from the HTML
4.01 <frame> tag or the more generic "href" could be used?
I find it confusing that a new, until now unseen, attribute name would be
suggested rather than standardizing on "src" and/or "href"'s use.

Best regards,

Patrick Benny