Re: XHTML extension

From: Roland Bluethgen <calocybe@web.de>
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 17:29:39 +0200
To: Albert Oliver Serra <brosaj@menta.net>
CC: www-html@w3.org

Albert Oliver Serra wrote:
 > I've got a question
 > When I build a XHTML with http-equiv: aplication/xml+xhtml; what file
 > extension should I use: *.xml or *.htm????
 > thanks

You should use exactly that extension, that your web server will send
the desired content type for. Thus, the correct extension depends on
your web server configuration. Current versions of the widely employed
Apache web server use the following mime-type associations by default:

   .htm .html       text/html
   .xht .xhtml      application/xhtml+xml
   .xml             text/xml

HTH && So long