Re: Double hyphens ('--') in comments invalid

Andrew Clover wrote:

 > This is just a reminder that embedding is bad news
 > and linking will cause far less pain.

   I see your point, though unfortunately I cannot act on it.  I'm
generating the XHTML via an XSLT transformation and the content of the
JavaScript block is dependent on that transformation.  I've moved all of
the static content to an external file, but the malleable stuff is here to
stay...
   I've used the CDATA sections to hide the content (though I have to
dereference them the first time as well).  I've also decided it's just
easier to say:
i -= 1;

Greg Faron
Integre Technical Publishing Co.