Re: XHTML DTD Question: span and p

Frank Tobin wrote:
 > Will not using a <div> instead of <span> to contain what you
 > want satisfy your needs?

   My only issue with using <div> is that I recall in the past (not aware
inline, didn't have that extra visible linebreak in the browsers.  I
suppose that I can live with it.

   As a follow-up grumbling, I've noticed that I need to have nested <div>
tags in order to allow for justification as well as style.  I cannot simply use
   <!-- Static content, style.display is set dynamically -->

but instead

     <!-- Static content, style.display is set dynamically -->

   Is this a flaw of my browser (IE 6.0), or the specification?

Greg Faron
Integre Technical Publishing Co.