Re: Deprecated stuff in XHTML1.1

From: William F. Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: 09 Apr 2002 10:28:28 -0400
To: Albert-Lunde@northwestern.edu (Albert Lunde)
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Albert-Lunde@northwestern.edu (Albert Lunde) writes:

> > Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org> writes:

Please don't blame Masayasu Ishikawa for what I wrote.

>                       IMHO, tables should be used for tabular data, not
> pressed into service for everything.

Isn't an imagemap based on rectangles a special case of tabular
data?

> Client-side image maps are the _most_ accessible form of image maps,
> when used properly,

...  and when handled properly by the user agent.

Tables, anchors, and img's are older and more fundamental, hence, more
widely handled well.

Isn't the table approach therefore more accessible?

                                    -- Bill