Re: simple suggestion on <a> tag

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:18:14 +0200
To: Jesper Carlström <jesperc@home.se>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
* Jesper Carlström wrote:
>Hello! I have the following suggestion for a future standard of the
>HTML <A> tag. Include an attribute, e.g. called ACTION, allowing the
>author to choose default action on click, with ACTION="view" or
>ACTION="save" as options.

This is a presentational aspect, thus there should be such a feature in
CSS and the CSS Level 3 Box Model Module proposes a new link-behavior
property, that enables you to specify such behaivours. Please also take
a look on my comments on that working draft on the www-style mailing
list, if you want to comment on that.