RE: XHTML 1.1 DTD, Bug in AElfred (used by saxon) correction

Sorry, I was momentarily oblivious to the existence of the other
absolute URIs.

Christian Wolfgang Hujer <Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com> writes:

> "...that the HTML working group changes the /URIs in/ the drivers to be
> absolute URLs."

Perhaps there are two cases to think about:

1.  The resources that are individually available by URI at W3C.

2.  The same resources packaged in a tarball for retrieval to local
    platforms.  (I've always assumed that most of us import the
    tarballs.)

The other point to consider is that, in general, absolute HTTP URI's
used as system identifiers may just be symbolic and may not represent
actual network resources.  Even when they do represent actual
resources, the identifiers can be made to "front" locally available
resources in order to avoid network hits.

                                    -- Bill