Re: "alt" attribute required by XHTML 1.0

"Matt Brooks" <matt@mbjlp.com> writes:

> I suppose the best alternitive is use xml compliant documents, without
> the doctype declaration so no validation gets performed, but still
> point the <html> tag at the XML namespace.

Validation is mainly a task for the content provider.

The move to XML is about making life easy for processors.

An XHTML processor has the right to assume that all markup under the
xhtml primary namespace is used correctly.

Check out the behavior of Amaya.

                                      -- Bill