Re: "alt" attribute required by XHTML 1.0

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 18:09:37 +0100
To: "Matt Brooks" <matt@mbjlp.com>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>
> [...] I was going to use XHTML 1.0 Transitional in a
> web development project, but have now changed my
> mind because the ALT attributes are not needed on
> every image.

For a start, if your image really has no text equivalent whatsoever, you
can set set an empty "alt" attribute. I presume you understand that "alt"
attributes are required so that people who do not have access to a visual
representation of an (X)HTML can still work out what's going on?

HTML EO, anyone?

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer