From: AndrewWatt2001@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2001@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2001 1:23 PM
To: TS2017@emirates.com; www-html@w3.org
Subject: SVG is the solution (was:: Two Marquee messages on the same line)

In a message dated 25/11/01 03:18:39 GMT Standard Time, TS2017@emirates.com
writes:

Is it possible to create Marquees that start from the left and the right
side of the same line, crossing over each other as they pass through?
something like this:
 amar -->                              <-- amar
rgds
amar

Amar,

I don't know if you are familiar with Scalable Vector Graphics, SVG but it
can be used to produced standalone Web pages or embedded in HTML/XHTML Web
pages.

I created a double scrolling text message in SVG, to produce the visual
effect that I think you wanted, and posted it online at
http://www.svgenius.com/Experiments/DoubleMarquee.svg

If you are unfamiliar with SVG you will probably need to download the Adobe
SVG Viewer (http://www.adobe.com/SVG/) and install it in your browser.

Then just go to the URL given above.

SVG images can be embedded in HTML/XHTML pages.

If you want to see a Web site created as a proof of concept using SVG only
then visit
http://www.svgspider.com/default.svg

If you need a book to introduce you to SVG take a look at
http://www.newriders.com/books/title.cfm?isbn=0735711666

There is an SVG developers' mailing list on Yahoo Groups. See
http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/svg-developers

I hope that helps.

Andrew Watt