Re: Indicating browser support for XHTML1.0

From: <roconnor@Math.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:56:04 -0800 (PST)
To: www-html <www-html@w3.org>

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Chris Haynes wrote:

> Since it appears that no one seems close to specifying a workable
> version-indication standard, my options seem to be:
>
> 1) Stick to generating HTML4.01 for the next 5 years or so until all
> my target market has migrated to generation 6+,

I'd suggest this option.  You can't be in the ``leading edge'' of
standard, and still appeal to a wide target audience.  Since it is likely
that a wide target audience is what you really want, I'd suggest sticking
to HTML 4.01, or HTML 3.2.

- --
Russell O'Connor                           roconnor@math.berkeley.edu
           <http://www.math.berkeley.edu/~roconnor/>
``This is not a time, as it is never a time, to seek vengeance, but a
time to seek the courage to forgive'' -- George W. Bush