Re: Just seeking futher <blockquote> opinions

From: Clover Andrew <aclover@1value.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:06:42 +0100
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Adam Warner <lists@consulting.net.nz> wrote:

> I'm just after additional opinions to help resolve this
> matter. On the one hand Mozilla appears to be properly
> implementing the CSS rule. On the other hand the
> implementation appears to be too simplistic to give
> expected rendering behaviour.

Yes, this is also a problem with eg. lists in Opera and IE/Win. Browsers
can't really "fix" this (make it work as expected in the pre-CSS
fashion) without (a) breaking CSS layout, or (b) describing elements
like blockquote and lists in terms of some other property not currently
defined in CSS.

No easy solution I can see here. Ah, floats have always been a

Andrew Clover
Technical Consultant