Re: Semantics of <link rel="next">

* David Balch (david.balch@fassoc.co.uk) wrote:

Erm, there wasn't really any need to quote the entire mail, was there?

> I believe that "next" should simply be the next part of your content,
> whatever follows from the current page.
>
> If you have a series of chapters, just link to the section that
> follows (sub-sections or next chapter), as if you were turning the
> pages of a book.
>
> The idea of "next" is to guide the user through the information in a
> useful manner, so I would do whatever works for your content.

DocBook does just that - Next goes to the next section, subsection
etc.  I don't think it's a good idea to make <link> more complex - it's
difficult enough to set up such links (with really very little advantage
for most users) without making it 3 times as complex.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky@aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/